Confidentiality Policy Exceptions
According to ASCO's Confidentiality Policy, each abstract submitted to the Annual Meeting is confidential from the time of submission until the date and time when ASCO makes the abstract publicly available. Under rare, extenuating circumstances requiring a formal application, abstracts may receive an Exception to ASCO’s Confidentiality Policy. These formal Exceptions require approval by ASCO prior to the information being made public.
The following abstracts have received formal Exceptions to ASCO’s Confidentiality Policy for the 2018 Annual Meeting:
- Abstract LBA4, "Pembrolizumab (pembro) versus platinum-based chemotherapy (chemo) as first-line therapy for advanced/metastatic NSCLC with a PD-L1 tumor proportion score (TPS) ≥ 1%: Open-label, phase 3 KEYNOTE-042 study," Gilberto Lopes, et al.
- Abstract LBA9000, "IMpower131: Primary PFS and safety analysis of a randomized phase III study of atezolizumab + carboplatin + paclitaxel or nab-paclitaxel vs carboplatin + nab-paclitaxel as 1L therapy in advanced squamous NSCLC," Robert M. Jotte, et al.
- Abstract 4003, "REACH-2: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase 3 study of ramucirumab versus placebo as second-line treatment in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and elevated baseline alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) following first-line sorafenib," Andrew X. Zhu, et al.
- Abstract 8507, "Efficacy and safety of rovalpituzumab tesirine in patients With DLL3-expressing, ≥ 3rd line small cell lung cancer: Results from the phase 2 TRINITY study," David Paul Carbone, et al.
- Abstract 9002, "Overall survival (OS) analysis of IMpower150, a randomized Ph 3 study of atezolizumab (atezo) + chemotherapy (chemo) ± bevacizumab (bev) vs chemo + bev in 1L nonsquamous (NSQ) NSCLC," Mark A. Socinski, et al.
- Abstract 9043, "Updated efficacy and safety data from the global phase III ALEX study of alectinib (ALC) vs crizotinib (CZ) in untreated advanced ALK+ NSCLC," D. Ross Camidge, et al.
- Abstract 11500, "Phase III, randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled trial of sorafenib in desmoid tumors (Alliance A091105)," Mrinal M. Gounder, et al.
Notice of Retraction:
Abstract 3008, “ALT-803, an IL-15 superagonist, in combination with nivolumab in metastatic non-small cell lung cancer: Ongoing experience and biomarker development from a non-randomized, open-label, phase Ib/II trial.”
ASCO’s Prior Publication Policy requires that the contents and conclusions of the abstract not be published in a scientific, medical, or educational publication (in any medium), in whole or in part, before the ASCO Meeting. Abstract 3008, published in the 2018 ASCO Annual Meeting Proceedings, violated this policy and was retracted from publication and presentation at the 2018 ASCO Annual Meeting.