Regular Poster Size Limitations: No larger than 47 inches high and 95 inches wide (120 cm high by 240 cm wide). This is the size of the poster board. Do NOT exceed the size of the poster board.
Trials in Progress Poster Size Limitations: No larger than 42 inches high and 42 inches wide (107 cm high by 107 cm wide). This is half the size of the poster board. You will be sharing the posterboard so please do NOT exceed the size limitations.
- Format of poster is LANDSCAPE (horizontal).
- Place heading in large‐sized type at the top of the board.
- List the title and all authors.
- All material should be readable from distances of three feet or more.
- You are strongly encouraged to use a type that is at least 3/8 inches high (22 pt. minimum).
- Use bold type to ensure legibility.
- Make all print very dark (preferably block style) on a very light (preferably white) background. Use letters, arrows, numbers, or other devices to show those who will be viewing your poster the preferred sequence in which your poster should be reviewed.
- Charts, drawings, and illustrations should be similar to those you would use in making power point slides.
- If photographs are used, have them processed with a matte or dull finish.
- Please clearly print one email address on your poster for attendees to refer to should they have any questions or comments at a time when you are not standing with your poster. If you do not wish to print your own email address, please list another email address for an appropriate contact person for your abstract.
Inclusion of Quick Response (QR) Codes: If you choose to include a Quick Response (QR) Code on your poster, you must also include the following disclaimer on both print and electronic versions of your poster: "Copies of this poster obtained through Quick Response (QR) Code are for personal use only and may not be reproduced without permission from ASCO® and the author of this poster." Written authorization is not required, unless your QR code links to the full text of your abstract, which would be considered a reprint. For questions, please contact ASCO's Permissions team.
Special Note on Use of Commercial Materials: ASCO is committed to minimizing commercial bias in poster presentations and handouts. Poster presentations and handouts should not contain any of the following: commercial logos, company names, or brand or proprietary drug names. Cooperative groups, hospitals, and non-profit company logos are permitted.
- The poster can either be made on one sheet (rollup) or in several small sections. Do NOT mount illustrations on heavy cardboard because they may be difficult to keep in position on the poster board.
- Write your presentation concisely, and keep captions brief. The poster should be self‐explanatory so that you are free to supplement the information and discuss particular points raised by questions during the poster session.
- The poster session potentially provides a more intimate forum for informal discussion than the regular presentations, but this becomes more difficult if you are obliged to devote most of your time to merely explaining your poster to a succession of visitors.
- Presenters whose research received federal funding (either in whole or in part) are encouraged to use ASCO's trademarked "Federally Funded Research" badge on their slide presentations. ASCO created the badge to raise awareness of the importance of federally funded biomedical research.
- Read ASCO's federal funding section for further information on using the badge.
In an effort to make your Meeting experience as seamless as possible, ASCO is pleased to provide a convenient, competitively priced poster printing service, Call4Posters, that allows you to electronically submit your your poster for printing then pick it up on-site at the Meeting. No more worries about how to travel with your poster to the Annual Meeting. Additionally, this poster printing service offers PowerPoint templates at no cost to help you build your poster, or you may upload your own single-page PowerPoint, image, or PDF poster file.
To upload your poster and use the printing services, please have the first author log onto the Speaker Center Website, then click "My Presentations" and scroll down to "Order Printed Poster." Click the link to access the Call4Posters website and place your order.
Poster Ordering Deadlines:
To avoid late fees, upload and confirm your order for your poster file by Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 10:00 AM EST. Final deadline is Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 10:00 AM EST (rush charges apply). You can contact Call4Posters directly at 507-323-8500 or via email.
Poster Pick-Up Information:
Posters can be picked up from the Poster Pick Up Desk on the following dates and times:
- Friday, June 2 from 1:00 PM-6:00 PM
- Saturday, June 3 from 7:00 AM-5:00 PM
- Sunday, June 4 from 7:00 AM-5:00 PM
- Monday, June 5 from 7:00 AM-5:00 PM
Call4Posters Customer Service: If you have any questions as you prepare your poster, Customer Support is available to help via email or by phone at 1-866-759-5440 or 507-323-8500 from 8:00 AM-4:00 PM CT Monday-Friday.
- The presenting author is required to be present during the scheduled poster session.
- You can hang your poster approximately half an hour before the Poster Session begins.
- Use velcro (available onsite at each board) to affix your poster. You will NOT be allowed to use glue, tape, paint, or staples on the poster boards.
- Handouts of your poster may be available for distribution if you prefer.
- Do NOT display your poster or copies of your poster in the exhibit area of the Oncology Professionals Hall.
- Remove your poster at the end of your scheduled session.