In conjunction with the 2017 ASCO Annual Meeting, thousands of scientific abstracts will be released—highly anticipated research news for many people, including patients, caregivers, patient advocates, and the general public. ASCO‘s patient education and advocacy program offers extensive access to the Meeting and its research.
Attend the Meeting as a Patient Advocate
Patient advocates are offered a wide range of opportunities, including:
- Discounted Registration: Patient advocates are able to attend the ASCO Annual Meeting and ASCO Symposia at a discounted rate.
- Patient Advocate Scholarship Program: This program is made possible by the Conquer Cancer Foundation. The application period for patient advocate scholarships for the 2018 ASCO Annual Meeting will open in Spring 2018.
- Patient Advocate Lounge: A home base where advocates can gather in a relaxed environment to network, attend small discussion groups led by ASCO experts and fellow advocates, take a break, and enjoy refreshments.
- Patient Advocacy Exhibits: Visit with patient advocates exhibiting in the ASCO-Sponsored Patient Advocacy Booth and with additional patient advocacy organizations situated near the front of the Oncology Professionals Hall.
For complete details on the opportunities listed above, visit the Patient Advocate Programs on Cancer.Net.
Access the Meeting's Scientific News
- Cancer.Net: Visit ASCO’s patient education website—Cancer.Net—which offers complete coverage of news highlights from the event.
- Cancer.Net Social Media Coverage: Follow Cancer.Net’s coverage on social media for real-time updates on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, or Google+. New to social media? Here are some helpful guidelines for getting started.
- Inside Cancer.Net: Receive the free newsletter and get an email each day of the Meeting with scientific highlights.
- 2017 ASCO Annual Meeting Videos: Consider a 2017 ASCO Annual Meeting Videos subscription, which provides access to the Meeting presentations. A discounted rate is available exclusively for patients, survivors, and caregivers. Contact us for more information.
- ASCO Abstract Database: Search the thousands of Meeting’s abstracts online on May 17.