The goal of the 2017 ASCO Annual Meeting is to foster communication among oncology-related subspecialties, as well as the exchange of a wide range of ideas related to cancer. ASCO's objectives are to advance the education of physicians and other professionals caring for patients with cancer, to support the development of clinical cancer researchers, and to facilitate the delivery of high-quality health care to patients with cancer. The 2017 ASCO Annual Meeting is designed to serve the respective interests of the Society's multidisciplinary membership, with education focused on medical, surgical, and radiation oncology.
New for 2017, attendees need their username and password to access the CE Portal. If you do not know your username or password, you may use your email address to retrieve them. If you do not know the email address associated with your account, please contact
- Onsite: ASCO staff at the Concierge Services in the Oncology Professionals Hall or Hall C.
- Off-site: ASCO Customer Service from 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM (ET) at firstname.lastname@example.org, 888-282-2552 or 703-299-0158.
Accreditation and Designation Statement
In support of improving patient care, the American Society of Clinical Oncology is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
AMA Credit Designation Statement - Physicians
The American Society of Clinical Oncology designates this live activity for a maximum of 39.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ANCC Credit Designation Statement - Nurses
The maximum number of hours awarded for this CE activity is 39.0 contact hours
ACPE Credit Designation Statement – Pharmacists
This activity has been approved for 39.0 contact hours (3.9 CEUs) under the ACPE universal activity number 0628-0000-17-007-L01-P .
Activity type: Knowledge.
The activity start date for continuing pharmacy credit eligibility is 06/02/17, with an expiration date of 06/06/2017.
The American Association of Physician Assistants (AAPA) accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ from organizations accredited by the ACCME or a recognized state medical society. PAs may receive a maximum of 39.0 Category 1 credits for completing this activity.
All other attendees are welcome to submit a request for a Certificate of Participation, through the submission process, which may enable nonphysicians to apply their participation toward re-licensure. Please note, however, that all final decisions regarding the awarding of credits will be made by the licensing organization to which the credits are submitted.
The Annual Meeting is designed for the oncology team; credit is offered for physicians, nurses and pharmacists, but all are encouraged to participate, as they may be able to apply for credit through their own licensing organization.
After participation in this activity, attendees will be better able to:
- Effectively communicate with the oncology team and with patients utilizing a multi-disciplinary care coordination and training for all oncology providers in order to achieve optimal patient-centric care;
- Implement strategies designed to improve all aspects of cancer care, address barriers to optimal care, and provide the tools to do so at the local, national and global levels;
- Incorporate new evidence as appropriate into the development of innovative clinical strategies and research trial designs to improve patient outcomes;
- Examine scientific advances that further enhance knowledge of cancer biology and pathogenesis;
- Review recent and emerging data from key studies in clinical and translational cancer research, in order to better integrate global strategies and multi-modal systems approaches; and
- Evaluate the role of new screening and diagnostic techniques in the assessment of treatment options for patients with cancer.
- Continuing Medical Education Certificate – available for physicians who would like to receive CME credits for their participation at the Meeting
- Continuing Nursing Education Certificate – available for nurses who would like to receive nursing CE credits for their participation at the Meeting
- Continuing Pharmacy Education Certificate – available for pharmacists who would like to receive pharmacy CE credits for their participation at the Meeting
- Certificate of Participation – all other attendees may request a Certificate of Participation after recording their session participation. Please note that all final decisions regarding certificate acceptance toward any licensure requirements will be made by the licensing organization to which the certificate is submitted.
- Certificate of Attendance – Attendees can download a Certificate of Attendance from the Attendee Resource Center if they need a record of their attendance at the Meeting but do not require documentation for continuing education purposes. Please note that this certificate does not award any continuing education credits.
Meeting Feedback Credit Claim Instructions
- Submit your Meeting Feedback Form
- Give feedback on specific sessions you attended
- Claim credit for sessions you attended
- Log in to the CE Portal using your asco.org username and password
- Select sessions by searching by track, time, or keyword
- Access Certificates
To receive ABIM and ABP MOC points, participants must submit their Meeting Feedback Form, available on the iPlanner and CE Portal, and claim their CME credits for the Meeting by July 10, 2017. Once both of these steps are complete, ASCO will transmit all information the appropriate board on the participant’s behalf.
Disclaimer and Unlabeled Usage Statement
The information presented is that of the contributing faculty and presenters and does not necessarily represent the views of the American Society of Clinical Oncology or any named company or organization providing financial support. Specific therapies discussed may not be approved and/or specified for use as indicated by the faculty or presenters. Therefore, before presenting any medication, please review the complete prescribing information including indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and adverse effects.
ASCO and the Conquer Cancer Foundation gratefully acknowledge the following companies for their support of the 2017 ASCO Annual Meeting:
|AbbVie, Inc.||Ambry Genetics||Amgen||Astellas|
|Genomic Health, Inc.||
Gilead Sciences, Inc
|Lilly||Ludwig Institute for
Merck & Co., Inc.
|Novartis Oncology||Novocure||Olympus||Pfizer Oncology|
|Sanofi Genzyme||TAIHO Oncology, Inc.||Takeda Oncology|